After my last recipe post I decided I needed to share a recipe that is more typical of my diet and lifestyle. The Glazed Raspberry Sugar Cookie Bars are so delicious and great for special occasions, however, in my daily life I try to not eat much sugar. This organic oat and fruit bowl recipe is packed full of protein and vitamins and is super yummy! This is also a vegan-friendly recipe!
Organic Oat and Fruit Bowl:
- Boil 4 cups of water in a medium sauce pan. Once water is boiling, dump in one cup of organic steel cut oats. After about 5 minutes the oatmeal will start to thicken. Once this happens you’ll want to turn down the heat and let the oats simmer for about another 30 minutes (or until your preferred consistency). I know this sounds like a long time, but steel cut oats are so healthy for you, packed full of protein and vitamins. Instant oatmeal is not equivalent, doesn’t really compare. Plus the texture of steel cut oats, and the flavor, is out of this world! That sounds dramatic but I’m a big fan of eating amazing organic foods. Once you taste the difference, and notice the difference in your health, there’s no going back!
- While the oats are simmering, prepare your fruits and nuts of choice. For this bowl I added what I already had at home: ripe bananas, strawberries, peaches, cashews (love the added crunch), dried cranberries, and frozen blueberries (mixed in with the oatmeal).
- While you’re waiting for the oats to finish there are plenty of things you can do. Go play with your kids, drink some apple cider vinegar water, make coffee, do the dishes, stretch, etc. The 30 minutes will fly by!
- Once the oats are fully cooked I stirred in frozen blueberries. This turns the oats a pretty purple, which makes it more enticing for kids too! Who am I kidding, it’s more enticing to me too! Who doesn’t like pretty, bright colored food?!
- Decorate your bowl with the fruits and nuts you selected. I like making it look pretty before eating! It helps me stay mindful about my health and food choices. I also like to remind myself during this time how grateful I am to be able to eat healthy, organic foods. Being grateful is key!
Enjoy! Mmm! I hope you liked this recipe for my protein and vitamin packed Organic Oat and Fruit Bowl! If you did, let me know in the comments below! As always, thank you so much for reading! I love being able to share with you in this creative outlet.
For this recipe I used:
Country Choice Organic Oven Toasted Old Fashioned Oats Canisters – 18 oz
*Not sponsored! Affiliate link… or shop at your natural foods store!